This project based on Arduino IDE 3rd party hardware specification. Most of alternatives is actually have hardcoded commands to compile and upload.
In future project will support any build system.
Easy migration plan
For now, cuwire requires at least Arduino IDE 1.5+. In near future, cuwire will not depend on the IDE, but platform toolchain only. For beginners and switchers in case when we locate local installation of Arduino, Energia, Maple, Galileo and so on, we allow user to use that toolchain if toolchain major version is supported by cuwire.
Tested development boards
Compilation, upload and serial monitor is tested without issues on:
- Atmel AVR ATmega: Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega 2560, Arduino Pro mini clone with USB-UART adapter;
- Atmel AVR ATtiny: various boards, DigiSpark;
- Atmel ARM: Arduino Due;
- Nordic ARM: RFduino;
- TI ARM: Stellaris launchpad;
- TI msp430: MSP-EXP430G2 launchpad;
- Intel x86: Galileo
- STM32 ARM: chinese maple mini clone (STM32F1), nucleo F1 — compile only
- Freescale ARM: Teensy 3.x
- https://github.com/Karang/Ardunet (http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=241&start=30)
ESP8266 power consumption http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=716
additional platforms from: http://embedxcode.weebly.com